What are Cookies?
A cookie is a small file of information that is sent to your computer, mobile, or tablet when you visit a website. It will recognise your device when you visit the site again.
Cookies can remember your preferences and chosen items, and they can assist you by tailoring your site experience.
There are four types of cookie:
- Essential cookies which the site needs these to provide services.
- Performance cookies to monitor site use and allow statistical analysis to inform site improvements
- Functionality cookies to remember choices you make, such as search parameters and product types.
- Advertising Cookies which collect information on your browsing habits to ensure that any adverts that appear are relevant to your interests. They can share data with third parties, such as advertisers.
Cookies deployed by our website:
- ensure that functionality operates as intended
- remember your choices and preferences during and between visits
- allow you to interact with our website by leaving comments or opinions
- post enquiries via our Anti-Spam enquiry form
- track your visit for statistical analysis, allowing us to improve the usability, speed and security of our website
Cookies are not deployed to:
- collect any personal identifiable information (without your express permission)
- collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- pass data to advertising networks
- pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- pay sales commissions
Your consent for cookie deployment by our website
By default, the majority of popular web browsers automatically permit websites to deploy cookies onto your device. Below you can learn more about the specific cookies deployed by our website, and how they can be disabled.
For more information on the EU Cookie Law in the UK, we recommend visiting the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) website where you can find the latest information, guidelines and advice on the EU Cookie Law.
More Information about our Cookies
Our website has Google Analytics installed which allows us to track and compile anonymous visitor statistics.
The information collected ranges from simple traffic volume to the type of browser you are viewing our website with. This information is valuable to us not just for marketing analysis and quantification, but to improve the usability, security and load speed of our website content.
Google Analytics is a popular, secure, flagship webmaster product from Google. The privacy and security of Google Analytics data is a high priority at Google that you can read more about on Google’s Analytics Data Safeguarding page.
Google also offer a Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on that will allow you to automatically Opt-out of all websites that track your activity via Google Analytics.
No personal information is collected by Google Analytics.
Cookie Consent Check
As mentioned above, upon your first visit our website displays a banner at the top of the page alerting you about cookies being deployed by our website. In order for our website to remember your choice of opting-in, we store an anonymous cookie to remove the alert banner for 28 days. To prevent this cookie being stored, simply do not accept and close the alert. If you have already accepted the alert and you wish to remove the cookie, please clear your cookies within your browser settings.
Our website is built on the popular open-source CMS framework – Umbraco. Umbraco cookies allow visitors to comment on our website’s content. If you do not wish to participate in commenting on our website, Umbraco will not deploy any cookies to your device. Cookies will only be created by Umbraco if you actively comment via the clear forms on our website.
Visitors can choose to contact us via enquiry form(s) on our website. In order to prevent spam enquiries, we protect our forms with a ‘CAPTCHA’ challenge to ensure the submission is from a person, not a computer.
This CAPTCHA challenge creates a cookie that is used only to check the input response from the user is correct.
The CAPTCHA cookie does not store any other information from your enquiry.
Our website may have our Google Maps / Places profile embedded within an iframe. Google Maps creates cookies that enable the functionality of their powerful mapping software. No personal information is stored or shared on the cookies deployed by Google Maps/Places.
Most browsers allow you to control your cookie settings for all websites that you browse. You can disable cookie deployment completely by editing your browser settings, however in doing this you may be limiting the functionality that is displayed on our website.
To learn how to disable cookies on your preferred browser we recommend reading this advice posted by Google.